Dual Enrollment Opportunities: Ephrata High School Seniors
2014-2015 School Year
Dual Enrollment - Fall 2014
About Dual Enrollment:
allows high school seniors the opportunity to take college courses at the local schools listed on this website.
Dual Enrollment Courses:
- Must be non-remedial college courses.
- Must be offered in a core academic
subject as defined by NCLB Act of 2001. They
must be included in one of the following subjects: English, reading or language
arts, mathematics, science, foreign language, civic and government, economics,
arts, history and geography.
Ephrata Eligibility / Criteria:
- The student must be a senior to participate in this program.
- The student must be making satisfactory progress toward fulfilling applicable high school graduation requirements.
- The student must have a satisfactory score on the placement exam deemed appropriate for the dual enrollment course to be taken (if applicable).
Dual Enrollment Cost:
- Parents / students are responsible for paying ALL costs associated with the course. Most colleges offer discounts on tuition costs.
Dual Enrollment Credits
- Students receive college credits on an official transcript from the post-secondary institution.
- Students have the option of receiving high school credit for each course as well. If the student chooses to have the class(es) appear on their transcript, each will have a credit value of 1.0 and a weighted course level of three (3).
Dual Enrollment Schools:
- Ephrata has dual enrollment agreements with the following schools: DeVry, HACC, PSU (Berks campus), and Millersville University.
Franklin and Marshall College Fall 2014 Schedule
Franklin and Marshall does not have a dual enrollment agreement
with Ephrata High School. Instead, they provide opportunities for
Lancaster area high school seniors to enrich their educational experience by
taking a maximum of two college courses without tuition (one student may take a
course each semester). A high school senior is permitted to
enroll in a class under the following conditions:
The high school counselor must grant approval indicating
that the student is capable of handling college-level material.
The college must determine that there is space available in
the course selected and secure the permission of the instructor.
Students who are interested must complete the APPLICATION and return it to the Counseling Office - TBD.
REMEMBER: DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION TO EHS
COUNSELING OFFICE : TBD
Harrisburg Area Community College (HACC Lancaster Campus)
- HACC Office of Secondary Partnership webpage
- Select a class you are interested in taking during the Spring 2014
semester from the HACC Course Schedules page.
- Check out the Course Catalog to find out specifics about each course
- Download, print and complete the HACC
- The due date for this packet to be returned to the EHS Guidance
Office is May 23, 2014.
- HACC Placement testing date at EHS: to be determined EHS Guidance Office
- Cost estimate for 2014-2015 - 3 credit course: $700.00 (tuition and fees)
HACC PAYMENT PLAN INFORMATION
HACC College in the High School Information Sheet
HACC Placement test Information Sheet
- Select a class you are interested in taking during the Fall 2014
- Pick up an application / information packet from the Guidance Office.
- This packet / paperwork is due back to the EHS Guidance Office by April 25, 2014. There are a number of signatures which must be arranged, so allow PLENTY of time to complete this.
- Cost estimate for 2014-2015 -3 credit course: $1,100.00 (tuition and fees)
- PSU Dual Enrollment information sheet.
- Select a class you are interested in taking during the Fall 2014 semester.
- Download the PSU Berks Application packet. This packet contains an information sheet, schedule of available classes, and application.
- The due date for the application to be returned to the EHS Guidance Office is May 23, 2014.
- Your counselor will work with you
to modify your schedule as necessary to accommodate any college level courses. Be sure to check the EHS Guidance Website for program updates.
- Cost estimate for 2014-2015 -3 credit course: $980.00.