MenusFebruary EIS EMS Breakfast Menu 2014February Elem Breakfast Menu 2014February Elementary Lunch Menu 2014February EMS Cold Express 2014February EMS Menu Special 2014February SHS Breakfast 2014 V2February SHS Combined 2014
NutritionFebruary Elementary Breakfast NutritionalsFebruary Elementary Lunch NutritionalsFebruary HS Breakfast NutritionalsFebruary HS LunchFebruary IMS-MS Breakfast NutritionalsFebruary IMS-MS Lunch Nutritionals
MenusMarch EIS EMS Breakfast Menu 2014March Elem Breakfast Menu 2014March Elementary Lunch Menu 2014March EMS Cold Express 2014March EMS Menu Special 2014March SHS Breakfast 2014 V2March SHS Combined 2014
NutritionMarch 2013 Elementary Breakfast NutritionalsMarch 2013 Elementary Lunch NutritionalsMarch 2013 HS Breakfast NutritionalsMarch 2013 HS Lunch NutritionalsMarch 2013 IMS-MS Breakfast NutritionalsMarch 2013 IMS-MS Lunch Nutritionals
The EASD Food Service Department strives to serve our students tasty, nutritionally balanced meals. Here are some of the healthy options we offer daily:
- Breakfast in each building, including a variety of whole grain, reduced sugar cereals, low-fat yogurt, fresh fruit, 100% fruit juice, mini-pancakes, waffles and hot breakfast sandwiches
- Skim or 1% milk varieties
- Whole wheat breads/rolls and whole grain products
- A variety of fresh fruits and vegetables
- Chef salads in the elementary schools and salad bars in the middle & high schools
Our breakfast and lunch menus follow the NSLP traditional meal pattern and we participate in offer vs. serve. At breakfast, we offer four components of which the student must choose three. The components at breakfast are bread/grain, meat/meat alternate, fruit/vegetable and milk. Menu items may include more than one component. At lunch, we offer five components of which the student much choose three; ONE OF THE THREE MUST BE A FRUIT OR VEGETABLE TO BE CONSIDERED A REIMBURSABLE LUNCH. Lunch components include meat/meat alternative, bread/grain, fruit, vegetable and milk. Once again, menu items may include more than one component.
Our menus & recipes are created to ensure we meet age appropriate portion sizes & calorie requirements and provide the right balance of protein, dairy, whole grains, fruits and vegetables. Lunches must meet the following guidelines:
- Saturated fat must be less than 10% and trans fat must be zero (excluding naturally occurring)
- Calories must meet the following ranges: 550-650 for K-5, 600-700 for grades 6-8, and 750-850 for grades 9-12
Please review the menus and nutritional analysis posted above to best select items that meet your family and student needs.